> Visit：Hours and Admission
9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
(Last admission at 5:00 p.m.)
Fri. and Sat. from Jul. to Oct.
9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission at 7:30 p.m.)
Mondays (or the following weekday if Monday falls on a national holiday)
Dec. 28th to Jan. 4th
Collection Exhibition & Special Exhibition at Collection Gallery
||200 yen (150 yen）
|High school and university students
||150 yen (100 yen)
|Junior high school students and younger children
- Prices in parentheses are for visitors in a group of 20 or more.
- When purchasing admission tickets, you can pay using electronic money, QR code payment, or the following credit cards:
Visa, Mastercard, China Union Pay, JCB, American Express, Diners Club
Transportation IC card (nine kinds), iD, WAON, QUICPay, LINE Pay, PayPay, Rakuten Pay, Docomo Pay, au Pay, Merpay, Japan Post Bank (Yucho) Pay, Alipay, WeChatPay
Admission is free for the visitors listed below if they show the required proof at the entrance to the galleries.
|Person aged 65 or older living in Fukuoka City, Kitakyushu City, Kumamoto City or Kagoshima City
||Proof of identity showing his/her address and date of birth (e.g., Health Insurance Certificate [Kenko Hokensho], driver’s license)
|wa + club (club pass)（Supporting Members）
||wa + club (club pass) membership card
Admission varies according to the exhibition. For more information, see “Exhibitions”.
Please observe the following guidelines to help us ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for our visitors, and to protect our collection.
- Please refrain from eating and drinking in the museum. This includes chewing gum, candies, and drinking beverage(s) except in designated areas, such as the café and the restaurant.
- There are restrictions on photography in the exhibition areas. Please follow the rules written on the signs for each exhibition. For more information, please see “Photography in Galleries” below.
- Do not touch any exhibits or their display cases.
- When writing in the exhibition areas, only pencils are allowed.
- Do not make phone calls in the exhibition areas, and please set your phone to silent or manner mode.
- Coin-operated lockers are located for your use beside the 1st floor Museum Shop, and on the 2nd floor at the entrance lobby and in front of the museum restaurant.
- Please put umbrella(s) in the umbrella stands located at each entrance to the museum.
- Animals and pets are not allowed into the museum, with the exception of service dogs. We cannot take care of your pet(s) in the museum during your visit.
- Fresh flowers and other plants are not allowed into the exhibition areas.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any persons who believed to cause trouble for other museum patrons.
- When applicable, please follow directions given by museum staff.
Photography in Galleries
You can take photos in some areas at the Collection Galleries as long as the photos are for your personal use only. When you take photos, please follow the rules listed below.
Photography in the Special Exhibition Gallery and Civic Gallery is allowed or prohibited depending on the exhibition. For detailed information, please contact the organizer of each exhibition.
- You are not allowed to take photos in galleries and of exhibits marked with the following “no photography” sign .
- Do not take videos.
- Flash is not permitted.
- Do not use a tripod, monopod, selfie stick or step ladder.
- Do not put your camera on a pedestal. Do not touch glass when you take photos.
- Do not disturb other visitors when you take photos (e.g., by staying in the same spot too long or taking group photos).
- Publicizing photographs containing other visitors and museum staff may violate their portrait rights.
- You shall not make copies, or distribute the photographs you take for commercial purposes.