9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
(Last admission at 5:00 p.m.)
Fri. and Sat. from Jul. to Oct.
9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Last admission at 7:30 p.m.)
Mondays (or the following weekday if Monday falls on a national holiday)
Dec. 28 to Jan. 4
Please observe the following guidelines to help us ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for our visitors, and to protect our collection.
- Please refrain from eating and drinking in the museum. This includes chewing gum, candies, and drinking beverage(s) except in designated areas, such as the café and the restaurant.
- There are restrictions on photography in the exhibition areas. Please follow the rules written on the signs for each exhibition. For more information, please see “Photography in Galleries” below.
- Do not touch any exhibits or their display cases.
- When writing in the exhibition areas, only pencils are allowed.
- Do not make phone calls in the exhibition areas, and please set your phone to silent or manner mode.
- Coin-operated lockers are located for your use beside the 1st floor Museum Shop, and on the 2nd floor at the entrance lobby and in front of the museum restaurant.
- Please put umbrella(s) in the umbrella stands located at each entrance to the museum.
- Animals and pets are not allowed into the museum, with the exception of service dogs. We cannot take care of your pet(s) in the museum during your visit.
- Fresh flowers and other plants are not allowed into the exhibition areas.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any persons who believed to cause trouble for other museum patrons.
- When applicable, please follow directions given by museum staff.
Photography in Galleries
You can take photos in some areas at the Collection Galleries as long as the photos are for your personal use only. When you take photos, please follow the rules listed below.
Photography in the Special Exhibition Gallery and Civic Gallery is allowed or prohibited depending on the exhibition. For detailed information, please contact the organizer of each exhibition.
- You are not allowed to take photos in galleries and of exhibits marked with the following “no photography” sign .
- Do not take videos.
- Flash is not permitted.
- Do not use a tripod, monopod, selfie stick or step ladder.
- Do not put your camera on a pedestal. Do not touch glass when you take photos.
- Do not disturb other visitors when you take photos (e.g., by staying in the same spot too long or taking group photos).
- Publicizing photographs containing other visitors and museum staff may violate their portrait rights.
- You shall not make copies, or distribute the photographs you take for commercial purposes.